At Putnam Bank we believe in the power of giving, and the season of gift giving doesn’t have to come to an end just because December did! No matter how small of a gesture, each can offer an incredible impact on the life of another. Try some of these simple acts and see how you can affect the life of another person. Challenge yourself this year to do more kind acts, random or not. Get your friends and family involved
- Pay for the person’s food or beverage behind you in line.
- Write a letter to a soldier.
- Donate new and used toys to daycares or children’s hospitals.
- Cook a meal for a family who may be without.
- Give a good server the largest tip you can afford.
- Shovel snow or do other yard work for your neighbor.
- Pick up trash when you’re out for a walk.
- Offer assistance to a charitable organization with your time and skills.
- Bake treats for your area school’s teachers.
- Visit a nursing home and spend time with the residents.
In addition to being kinder in 2016 you may find yourself becoming happier as well! With so many opportunities to make a difference, this list will help you get started! Add your own acts of kindness and see what you can do to better the lives of others this year.
Putnam Bank is the institution for all your charitable needs, whether its remaining anonymous in donations, arranging monthly transfers, or dispensing cash for personal giving, we have you covered! If you’re looking for an organization to support, then check out our community page at putnambank.com.
Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender