“Volunteers are not paid, not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.”
At Putnam Bank, we believe the strength and health of our communities lie in people helping each other. In our role as a community bank, we work to help those in our communities that need help, whether that’s individuals, charities or non-profit organizations.
Donating and volunteering are two great ways to not only give back and help others, but also to live better. Helping others gives you a boost of positivity and has shown to increase the chance of donating or volunteering again.
February is as great a time as any to spread the love; it’s American Heart Month, Valentine’s Day is the 14th and Random Act of Kindness Day is the 17th. Putnam Bank has come up with a few ways you can help out in our community.
Donations are a great way to get involved with community organizations, non-profits and charities. Donations can include:
- Monetary gifts
- Supplies an organization needs to further its mission
Aside from providing others with benefits, volunteering also has other advantages. It can help keep you in a positive frame of mind, and including family members and friends helps build a network of volunteers. Volunteering is as simple as:
- Spending an hour or two helping at your favorite non-profit or community organization
- Organizing group projects, whether independently or through a community organization.
- Invite family members and friends to join you.
Places to Volunteer or Donate in Our Community
Here are a few places we’ve helped out in the past. You can try these organizations or others in our communities to start helping today.
- American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life
- American Heart Association
- Arc of Quinebaug Valley
- Charcot Marie Tooth Association
- Community Kitchens of Northeastern CT
- Daily Bread
- DKH Deary Memorial Race, Walk & Ride
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern CT
- March of Dimes Walk America
- QVCC Foundation
- Thompson Ecumenical Empowerment Group
- Toys for Tots/Tommy Toy Fund
Putnam Bank, Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC