Not all insurance agents are the same. Choosing the right agent for you can make a difference in price, value and service. Whether you are looking for a different insurance agent, agency or are looking for the first time, it is important that your insurance agent understands your insurance needs.
When looking for an insurance agent there are some important details to keep in mind. Here are five tips when thinking about choosing a new insurance agent or agency:
- Do your homework – Understand your insurance needs before you talk to an insurance agent or agency. You might not know the specific details regarding insurance, but have an idea of what you need by doing some research online. You will feel more confident heading into the insurance agency with some basic knowledge under your belt.
- Ask your neighbors, friends and family for referrals – This is a great way to learn about a specific agent, possible prices and customer service habits of an agency or agent that you are considering.
- Consider multiple agents – Have a list of agents that you are considering and have conversations with each agent. It will help you feel more comfortable if you have an agent that you feel is easy to communicate with. Also, explain your situation and ask for quotes from multiple agents to get a feel for prices.
- Ask questions – It can be intimidating speaking with someone who specializes in a field you might not know a lot about, so ask questions! Purchasing insurance is a big decision and it is important to know everything that you need to know before you commit to an insurance policy. Remember, no question is a bad question.
- Protect yourself – Insurance fraud can happen, so don’t give out your personal information over the phone, think twice before signing contracts, read everything thoroughly and be sure your agent and agency are trusted, licensed providers. Don’t forget to ask for copies of everything you sign and keep the receipts after you purchase any type of insurance.
Acquiring insurance is a big decision. Choosing the right agent and agency can help you get the most out of your insurance. Putnam Bank is proud to offer a variety of insurance options and agents that can provide you with honest, quality care for all of your insurance needs. Learn more about our high insurance standards on our website or give us a call today!
Not FDIC Insured | May Lose Value | No Bank Guarantee